Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Scrapbook page from the past.

I haven't shown any scrapbook pages since I started this blog. When I lived in Santa Ana I was scrapbooking like mad. The I joined Stampin' Up and they didn't encourage scrapbooking whereas Close To My Heart does. My favorite scrapbook (and my most creative) page is with fine sand mixed with gold. Different layers of paper and stamps make me feel as if I were back on Maui with my parents. Nostalgic I know but isn't that what a scrapbook page should do to the viewer?

The sea is made of blue green glitter The shells were collected in Maui although you can buy little and big shells at Michaels or JoAnns when in season. Stamps and alphabets are by Stampin' Up. BTW, That picture was taken during the early 70's. Before 1974 when I cut my hair short.

Now I'm starting to scrapbook again. I'll bring my style up-to-date.I learned a lot of styles at Close to My Heart's 2014 Convention. In the weeks to come you'll see many different ideas that I have from our Convention.

No comments:

Post a Comment